Terms of service
In the following text:
- ‘Scholarcy’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to Scholarcy, a brand name operated by Scholarcy Limited. Our company address is 71-75 Shelton Street, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ. Our company registration number is 11779938;
- ‘Scholarcy Website’ refers to web pages and applications hosted under https://www.scholarcy.com and associated applications (such as Scholarcy Library) hosted at any scholarcy.com sub-domain such as https://app.scholarcy.com and https://api.scholarcy.com;
- ‘Scholarcy Extension’ refers to the Chrome browser extension available from the Google Chrome Store, or extensions for other browsers as may become available in future.
- ‘User’ or ‘you’ refers to the user of the Scholarcy Website and/or Scholarcy Extension.
Use of the Scholarcy Website and the Scholarcy Extension is subject to the following terms:
- The content of the pages of the Scholarcy Website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Scholarcy Website and via the Scholarcy Extension for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- Your use of any information or materials from the Scholarcy Website or obtained via the Scholarcy Extension is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available from the Scholarcy Website or obtained via the Scholarcy Extension meet your specific requirements;
- The Scholarcy Website and the Scholarcy Extension contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions;
- Unauthorised use of the Scholarcy Website or the Scholarcy Extension may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence;
- The Scholarcy Website or Scholarcy Extension may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s);
- We reserve the right to terminate any account should we believe that the user is using the Scholarcy Website and/or Scholarcy Extension inappropriately;
- Access to the Scholarcy Website and/or Scholarcy Extension may be limited to a maximum number of times and/or duration in a given period of time;
- Scholarcy and/or third party providers may make improvements and/or changes in products, support, services, utilities, and/or other Scholarcy Website and/or Scholarcy Extension content at any time with or without notice;
- Scholarcy may provide notice of changes to these Terms (or other Scholarcy Website and/or Scholarcy Extension content) by displaying notices on this site or other communication means. If you are a subscriber you will be notified by email of any changes to these Terms.
- All Scholarcy Website and/or Scholarcy Extension content and services are provided “as is” and “as available” and Scholarcy expressly disclaims, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, any warranties and representations of any kind (Warranties) with respect to Scholarcy Website and/or Scholarcy Extension content and services, either expressed or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third party intellectual property rights;
- The User shall indemnify Scholarcy, Scholarcy Affiliates and their officers, agents, employees and service providers and hold them harmless in respect of all losses, costs, proceedings, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liabilities howsoever incurred by any of them as a result of any claim by a third party resulting from a breach or non-observance by User of any prohibition, or restriction on User’s activities in relation to this site contained in these Terms, or of any undertaking, representation or warranty of User contained in these Terms and in relation to any claim by any person in respect of matters, responsibilities or obligations that have been disclaimed by Scholarcy under these Terms;
- The User is responsible for ensuring that their use of the Scholarcy Website and/or Scholarcy Extension does not conflict with contractual agreements between the User and any institutions to which they may be affiliated, between the User and their employer, or between the User and any other relevant third-parties;
- If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be deemed to be replaced by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision. This shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions;
- Your use of the Scholarcy Website and/or Scholarcy Extension and any dispute arising out of such use of the Scholarcy Website and/or Scholarcy Extension is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
© 2019 Scholarcy Limited. All rights reserved.