How can I use Scholarcy to create a plain language summary?Phil Gooch
There are a number of ways that you can use Scholarcy to create a plain language summary for a research paper.
- Upload the paper to your Scholarcy Library (or try the Article Summarizer) where it will create a summary flashcard.
- Start with the text in the Scholarcy Highlights, Scholarcy Summary and Conclusion flashcard sections.
- If you need a different type of summary, try one of the Enhance options inside the Scholarcy Summary section.
- Follow links to definitions of technical terms for background context.
- Rework the text to suit your audience. If you are using Scholarcy Library, you can export the flashcard to Microsoft Word so you can edit it directly.
- Alternatively, you can try our new Smart Synopsis tool – click on the Advanced options and select Lay Reader mode from the dropdown on the left.