This may occur for a number of reasons, such as:
- the current URL is not a PDF
- the PDF has been scanned from hard copy and contains no machine-readable text (it needs to be run through OCR first)
- the PDF is requires a log in to access
- the PDF is on ResearchGate (they block us – boo! – but you can upload the PDF instead)
- the PDF is password-protected or does not allow copying (we respect that)
- your firewall is blocking the service
- you have disabled permissions to allow Scholarcy to process your content
- the PDF file is on your computer (with a file:// url in the browser) and you have not enabled ‘Allow access to file URLs’
- the PDF is too large
- the server is temporarily busy
- you have reached the daily limit if you are using a free account.
If the problem persists, please contact us.