I am unable to upload some PDF files to my LibraryPhil Gooch
While our algorithms do a good job distilling the majority of PDFs into their key facts and findings, sometimes they struggle! If you find that a particular PDF does not upload, try one of the following:
- If the PDF is a scanned image, run it through OCR software first. There are both free and commercial software available for this.
- If the PDF is a complete book, try breaking the PDF down into separate chapters, and upload one chapter at a time
- If the PDF is very large or many pages long, try breaking it down into smaller files and upload each of these separately
- If the PDF contains many figures and images, try switching off Extract Figures in Settings > Import.
- Send us the PDF and we’ll investigate